Grace in Small Things
This was a good weekend…movies, football, time outside and down time to just relax.
1) Bridesmaids – Not for the faint of heart or stomach. This movie was hilarious. It’s been billed as a female version of The Hangover, but I thought it was so much better than that. There are parts that are pure gross-out humor, but some scenes are so poignant, and hit so close to home. It was really well done. I went to see it with my cousin, Lisa, and our daughters. Lisa’s daughter may have been too young for it, and it was awkward sitting next to my own daughter through some parts of it; but, Isabel and I laughed the whole way home.
2) In Plain Sight – I love this show. I had heard about it prior to the pilot, and I’ve watched it from the beginning.
3) Perms – I know that these are so out of style that it’s ridiculous; but, with stick straight hair, and monsoon season coming up, fry it, baby!
4) East of Eden, but John Steinbeck – absolutely my favorite author. Is there anything more mesmerizing than a Steinbeck novel?
5) Twilight walks – Tonight, Ben and I went for a walk after sundown…full moon, cool breeze and listening to my boy talk – my heart needs this once in a while.