March 29, 2011
Grace in Small Things
Seems like I spend a lot of time making excuses for not posting every single day. Yesterday, I did write down some notes as we drove to my son’s football practice; but, by the time we got back home, everybody showered, Ben’s arm rebandaged, I was done. We had been waiting for some news about my cousin’s job…we were worried he might lose his job, and therefore, the benefits for Lisa & her fight with cancer. I was pretty emotional all evening, and very weepy.
So, here’s Monday’s grace, and I’ll spend some time tonight doing some other writing.
1) Lisa’s husband is keeping his job. They’re going to reassign him; but, he was told, “Lisa comes first right now.” I sobbed when I heard the news, and I’m getting teary again, just thinking about it.
2) My husband coming up behind me while I was making dinner, and giving me a hug.
3) Clean windshields – I took advantage of the nice day Saturday, and washed my car. Someday, I will work in a direction opposite of the sunrise; but, for now, it’s nice to be able to see as I drive to & from work!
4) Clear Arizona skies. Clouds make for pretty sunsets, but clear skies do, too.
5) The U2/Mary J. Blige version of “One.” I LOVE this version.