March 16, 2011
Grace in Small Things
I am really enjoying my time off. With the kids on Spring Break, we’re taking advantage of being outside, and just having some fun together. I started out at the dentist this morning, and I’m sorry to say that my mouth is still really sore, 14 hours later. Fortunately, there were enough other things tipping the scales to the good that I chalk this one up in the win column.
We’re done with Wednesday…in the home stretch toward the weekend!
1) The first real smell of orange blossoms tonight!
2) Ice cream for dinner on a warm spring day – it’s a rare treat, but something every kid should experience once in a while!
3) Book club – excellent book, excellent discussion. We’re so fortunate to have some amazing women in our club…including my mom. We read The Cellist of Sarajevo. If you haven’t read it, I highly recommend it. Our hostess, Debbie, had watched “Welcome to Sarajevo.” It’s loosely based on the book. We watched some quick scenes, and it sort of validated our imaginations and how scenes from the book matched up to what we’d pictured in our heads.
4) A great deal on cute new sandals. (Seems to be a running theme here. What can I say? I live in sandals for almost 10 months of the year. I need more than one pair!)
5) Knowing that eventually my teeth will stop hurting. (They will, right?) The dentist really did a number on me, and the hygienist needs some practice with the water/suction thing. I felt like I was being waterboarded!